Information for leavers
Extended access to Datastore, Journals, Mailing lists:
With written (email) consent from your Group Leader, we can provide extended access to the Datastore for an agreed, fixed period, and maintain your Group mailing list membership. We can also, again with emailed sponsorhip from your Group Leader, provide extended access for a limited period to the journals to which the INSTITUTE has subscribed. Note that, as soon as the University's Computing Service suspends your Raven account, your access to UNIVERSITY-subscribed journals will cease.
Hermes email accounts:
Sadly, the University will no longer permit extended maintenance of users' Hermes accounts after those users have left the University, so it would be prudent to plan ahead and make sure your colleagues/contacts have as much time as possible to update their address books.
Steps to take (at least one month before leaving):
1) If you've only ever used the Hermes Webmail interface (so all of your mail resides on the Hermes servers), you should configure a 'POP' mail program on your own computer to download the entire archive, then transfer it to your preferred portable medium.
2) If you don't have a 'private' email address (Gmail/Hotmail/etc), sign up for one as soon as you can, even if you've been provided with a new address from your next place of work.
3) Set up redirection of your Hermes email to your preferred alternative email address, and reply to any correspondence from that address, including an instruction to use the address for all future messages
4) Set up the Hermes Vacation Message with subject: "Autoresponse - please note my new address"
5) While you continue to send messages from your Hermes account, add a line to your signature instructing recipients to update their address books.
Checking out form: